Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Phil Lesh: "I Think I’m Hitting My Stride With These Donor Raps"


Bassist Phil Lesh from The Grateful Dead and Furthur reportedly is excited that his donor raps have been so consistent over the past decade that he is looking into improvising his speech supporting organ donation. “My life was saved because a kid told his parents, ‘If anything happens to me, I want to be an organ donor’, but who is this kid and why does the donor rap only have to be a minute long? I think some elaborate story telling is in order.” 

Lesh hopes to work the Donor Rap into future sets, removing it from its pre-encore position. A rumored The Other One-> Donor Rap-> Mountains of the Moon is in the works, with a change to Althea’s lyrics coming in the form of a car accident where Althea donates her liver to a bass player.

1 comment: